Unlock the best rates and save up to 75% in fees when sending money.
Safe and Secure
With advanced technology, your money transfers are 100% protected from start to finish.
Choose anyone from your contact list, and easily save them to your account.
Fast and Reliable
Send money home within minutes, and ensure it arrives exactly as promised.
Easy to Use
Navigate the app with ease, so you know you’re sending money correctly.
Personal Customer Service
Contact us or visit our FAQ to get the answers and information you need.
Get started today
Using your debit card, the money you send arrives in minutes. Your receiver can pick up their money in cash or it can be deposited directly to their bank account.
What countries can I send money to?
- Latin America
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
How much money can I send?
You can select any sending amount between $20 and $2,999 (USD). However, some cash pickup locations may have their own limits.
Can I send money to or from a company?
No. The Remmesa application will only allow transfers between individuals. Transfers cannot be sent to or from a business account. Any transfer attempted with a business account will be canceled.
Can I send money to someone that is under 18 years old?
No. Both the sender and the receiver must be 18 or older to complete a transfer.
Is the Remmesa app free to download?
Yes! The Remmesa app is free to download on iOS and Android, and you can also use it on the web!
Where do I add or remove my promo codes?
If you are using the latest version of the app, you add or remove promo codes on the final screen before you pay and complete your transfer. You can also add a promo anytime from the Settings menu.
Does Remmesa have a referral program?
Yes! Each Remmesa user has their own unique invite code.
- 1. Share your invite code with anyone who hasn’t sent a transfer using Remmesa.
- 2. When new users sign up and send a transfer using your invite code, the new user will get $10 towards his/her first transfer.
- 3. You will also get a $10 credit automatically added towards your next transfer!
Where do I find my promo code?
You can find and share your code anytime by logging in to the Remmesa app and selectingfrom the Settings menu.
From which states in the US can I send money?
Currently, you can send money from:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
If you are from a state not on this list, you can still create your Remmesa account today so we can let you know when we get to your area! We are in the process of approval with many other U.S. state regulators and expect to be updating this list in the near future.
Do I need to have an account to send money?
Yes. You will have to create a secure Remmesa account using your mobile phone number and verification code to send money.
How can I update my account information?
To update any information, please call us at +1-844-611-8798 and we can help you make any modifications.
Is there a fee I have to pay for creating an account?
No. You can create a free account in just a few clicks!
How do I create a Remmesa account?
Once you have downloaded the Remmesa application, select ‘Get Started’ from the home screen or click ‘Create Account’ from the menu. Then complete these 2 simple steps to create a secure account:
- 1. Enter your mobile phone number
- 2. You should then receive a 6-digit verification code via SMS message to your mobile number, which you will enter on the next screen
- • First, ensure that you have entered your mobile number correctly
- • If no message is received within 1-2 minutes, use the ‘Resend’ option to confirm your number and request a new verification code
- • If you are still having issues after attempting these methods, please contact customer service at +1-844-611-8798.
Do I need to live in the US to create a Remmesa account?
Yes. You will also need to provide a valid US mobile phone number and street address.
Can I have multiple accounts?
No, sorry. You can only have one account on Remmesa. If you have a problem with your existing account and need help, please contact us at +1-844-611-8798.
Do my receivers need to create an account?
No, but you will need to provide the receiver’s full name and city when you initiate the transfer. You may also provide the receiver’s mobile number so they may receive text notifications for updates on their transfers. After your first transfer, you can just select his/her name from your list of ‘Receivers’!
How do I edit my receiver?
To edit an existing receiver’s name:
- 1. Log in to your Remmesa account
- 2. Select ‘Receivers’ from the menu
- 3. Click on the name of the receiver you wish to edit
- 4. Click the ‘edit’ icon in the upper right corner
- 5. Edit any name fields so that the full name matches what is shown on the receiver’s government issued ID
- 6. Click ‘SAVE’ in the upper right corner to save your changes
How can I edit my account information?
If you need to edit your account information, call Customer Service at +1-844-611-8798.
How can I delete debit cards?
To delete your debit card:
- 1. Log in to your Remmesa account
- 2. Select ‘Account’ from the menu
- 3. Select ‘My Cards’
- 4. Click the ‘trash’ icon in the lower right corner of the card you wish to delete
Will the receiver have to pay any additional fees to collect the money?
What is the exchange rate of my transfer?
We will always display the exchange rate that applies to your transfer before you pay for it. You can calculate exactly how much money you’re sending, based on the daily exchange rate, as soon you open the app. Simply enter the desired sending or receiving amount to see instantly how your dollars will convert. You will also have a chance to review the exchange rates again before you confirm your transfer.
Are there any hidden fees, especially when changing sending or receiving methods?
There are no hidden fees! You will only pay a single fee on each of your transactions. Before you pay for your transfer, we will always ask you to confirm the fee and the applicable exchange rate. You will always know how much you are paying and how much your receiver will be getting.
How do I send money?
Login to your Remmesa account and start a transfer in a few easy steps:
- 1. Enter a sending amount between $20 and $2,999 and click ‘Send Now’
- 2. Select a receiver from your list or add a new receiver
- 3. Select a receiving method (i.e., cash pick up or bank deposit)
- 4. Add / select a debit card to pay with
- 5. Review and confirm the order details to start your transfer!
What are my payment options?
Debit card If you pay with a debit card, you will need to provide the 16-digit number on your card, CVV and expiration date. Note: We can accept only US-issued debit cards branded Visa or MasterCard. We cannot accept debit cards linked to corporate accounts.
Where can I see my transfer receipt?
As soon as the transfer is paid, your receipt can be viewed anytime from the Remmesa app, and if you provided an email, we will send you a copy via email. To find your receipt in the app:
- 1. Once you’ve logged in, find the ‘Activity’ tab in the bottom right corner
- 2. You will see all transfers you’ve created, labeled with the name of your receiver, the amount sent, and the date sent
- 3. Click on the desired transfer to view its status, and click ‘View Receipt’ from the bottom of the screen.
What are the daily sending limits?
For a standard account, you can select any sending amount between $20 and $2,999 (USD). Note: Regardless of what sending method you select, you still have a daily limit of $2,999.
Is there a monthly limit?
Yes. You can send up to $6,000 USD per month. Any receiver is also limited to $6,000 USD per month. Note: The $6,000 limit is refreshed every 30 days.
How can I send more than $2,999?
If you select a sending amount greater than $2,999 (USD) you will be asked to submit additional information about you and your receiver. Once this information has been submitted, processed and approved, you will be able to send up to $6,000 per day, and $10,000 per month.
What additional information will be asked about the Sender?
The Sender will need to upload a picture of their ID, and select the country of birth and nationality. * Senders in Arizona will also need to submit their Social Security Number (if they have one) and Occupation.
Where can I find the transfer code to send to my family?
- 1. Log in to Remmesa and select ‘Activity’ option from the bottom right
- 2. Select the transfer you’re looking for, and the Transfer Code will be displayed on the following screen
How can my family receive the funds of the transfer?
We offer the following two receiving options:
- 1. Cash pick up: The receiver will need to show the transfer code and an official ID at the pick up location. The transfer code will be displayed in your transaction receipt. Also, we will send him/her a text message (SMS) with the transfer code if a mobile number was entered in the receiver profile.
- 2. Direct deposit: You’ll need to enter the receiver’s bank account or debit card information and we deposit the funds directly into his/her account.
How many days does the receiver have to collect the money?
The receiver has 90 days to pick up the transfer in cash. Otherwise, we will automatically cancel the transaction and the funds will be credited back to the card used to pay for the transfer.
If the receiver I selected is busy, can someone else collect the money for him/her?
No. The receiver information in your account has to match the ID of the person picking up the cash.
I am trying to send money but I got an error message.
First, make sure you have not exceeded your daily limit and that you and/or your receiver are not over the 30-day aggregate limit of $6,000. If you still think there is a problem, please contact us at +1-844-611-8798.
What should I do if I have a complaint about the Remmesa app or Pangea Money Transfer?
For complaints, please contact Customer Service at +1-844-611-8798. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding our money transmission activities, please click here to direct your complaint to the appropriate regulatory contact.
How can I cancel a transfer?
To cancel a transfer:
- 1. Log in to Remmesa and select ‘Activity’, located in the bottom right corner
- 2. Select the transfer you would like to cancel
- 3. Select ‘Cancel Transfer’ at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts to confirm cancellation
If the receiver already has received the funds, can I still cancel the transfer?
No, you cannot cancel the transfer if the receiver already collected the cash or has received the bank deposit. If you think there was an error or you want to report a problem, call +1-844-611-8798.
If I already canceled a transfer, how will I get the refund?
When you cancel a transfer a member of our team will review your request. If the cancellation is approved, we will notify you. Refunds for transfers paid by debit or bank account will be credited back to the card used to fund the transfer. If you experience any issues with your refund, please contact us at +1-844-611-8798.
How long does it take to get the refund?
Refunds to debit cards may take up to 7 business days.
How safe is it to use Remmesa for sending money?
How can I know my transfer has been paid?
You can track the status of your transfers at any time! Just go to the ‘Activity’ option in the bottom right corner of the app and select the transfer you would like to view. We update transfer information in real time, and will send you SMS and email notifications on your transfer as well.
What do I do if there’s been an error or problem with my transfer?
If you are having problems creating or completing a transfer, call +1-844-611-8798.
I’m worried because I lost my phone. What should I do now?
If you think your information has been compromised or need to update your phone number, contact us at +1-844-611-8798.
What should I do if I believe someone else is using my account?
You might be a victim of identity theft. Please, call us immediately at +1-844-611-8798 if you suspect that your account has been compromised.
How do I protect myself from fraud?
We have put together a very useful tip sheet to help protect you from fraud. Download the tip sheet here (PDF).
Does Remmesa or Pangea Money Transfer share or sell my information with other companies?
We do not sell any customer information. The only time we share your information with third parties is when required by our partners to process your transactions or when required to comply with applicable law, statutes, and regulations.
Fees and Exchange Rates
Problems and Complaints
Cancelling a Transfer
If you didn’t find the answer you were looking for, remember you can call us at any time at +1-844-611-8798.